Update April 1, 2020
In an effort to comply with Governor Whitmer’s executive order “Stay Home, Stay Safe”, we will be temporarily closed, until we are able to safely re-open. If you have a dental emergency, please call our office & select option “5” to leave a message on the emergency phone line. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please leave us a voice message and we will get back with you shortly. Stay Healthy & Stay Safe!
We at Smoler Smiles & Smoler Institute of Implant Dentistry take your health very seriously. That is why we continue to monitor the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. In order to ensure the safety of our patients and dental team members, we continue to closely adhere to the CDC’s guidelines regarding sterilization and sanitizing. Additionally, we are taking extra precautions by:
- Phone screening questions; have you traveled out of the country or to any “hot zones” at all/feeling any flu-like symptoms.
- Magazines removed from the lobby.
- Patients call and let us know they have arrived and to wait in their car until we bring them to their room.
- Temperatures are taken on each patient before treatment.
- Oral rinsing first with either 1% hydrogen peroxide or Chlorohexidine.
- Standard precautions sterilizing of instruments with high heat and steam, antibacterial, antiviral disinfection protocol of treatment rooms. Additional frequent disinfecting of all hard surfaces throughout the office.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control recommends the following measures to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
For the safety and well-being of our patients and the dental team, we ask that if you or a family member are ill, please stay home and contact our office to reschedule your appointment. We are happy to help you find another convenient time.
Bruce A. Smoler, DDS, FAGD, FICOI, and the Entire Smoler Smiles Team
For additional information visit: