Update April 14, 2020
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS
We are here to help current & new patients!
Dental Emergencies By Appointment Only
Call Us Today at 855-NEED-TEETH
As the dental community is adjusting to the changing situation with COVID-19, Smoler Smiles is focused on the health & safety of our patients and staff. New protocols are in place to help ensure YOUR safety and the safety of our Smoler Smiles Team.
In a recent statement issued by the American Dental Association (ADA), all dentists nationwide are to postpone non-emergency dental procedures through April 30, 2020, in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. The State of Michigan has also changed its "Shelter In Place" mandate as updated by Governor Whitmer. However, the team at Smoler Smiles is dedicated to keeping our Dental Community safe and in particular our patients healthy and safe.
We are temporarily shifting our focus to providing virtual dental consultations & qualified emergency dental care by appointment only. This means that we are still here for you & want to provide resources to help protect your oral health. We are available Monday - Friday, 9 am-5 pm for phone calls & video consultations.
STEP 1: Call 855-NEED-TEETH
Schedule an appointment for a virtual consultation, resechedule past appointment or future patient care.
STEP 2: Set Up Virtual Consultation with Dr. Smoler
We will guide you through the virtual consultation process by phone or video.
STEP 3: Virtual Consultation
Based on your virtual consultation, we will determine if your dental needs qualify for an emergency appointment.
We at Smoler Smiles & Smoler Institute of Implant Dentistry take your health very seriously. That is why we continue to monitor the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. In order to ensure the safety of our patients and dental team members, we continue to closely adhere to the CDC’s guidelines regarding sterilization and sanitizing. Additionally, we are taking extra precautions by:
- Phone screening questions; have you traveled out of the country or to any “hot zones” at all/feeling any flu-like symptoms.
- Magazines removed from the lobby.
- Patients call and let us know they have arrived and to wait in their car until we bring them to their room.
- Temperatures are taken on each patient before treatment.
- Oral rinsing first with either 1% hydrogen peroxide or Chlorohexidine.
- Standard precautions sterilizing of instruments with high heat and steam, antibacterial, antiviral disinfection protocol of treatment rooms. Additional frequent disinfecting of all hard surfaces throughout the office.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control recommends the following measures to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
For the safety and well-being of our patients and the dental team, we ask that if you or a family member are ill, please stay home and contact our office to reschedule your appointment. We are happy to help you find another convenient time.
Bruce A. Smoler, DDS, FAGD, FICOI, and the Entire Smoler Smiles Team
For additional information visit: