Cone Beam CT Scan
Smoler Smiles uses cone beam CT scan technology in situations where regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. This type of scan is used to generate 3D images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths, and bone. The scan allows for more precise treatment planning.
What is a Cone Beam CT Scan?
The Cone Beam CT Scan is a new technology in imaging capabilities for dentistry. This new machine uses computed tomography technology to provide a three-dimensional view of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths, bone, teeth, and supporting structures of the mouth. This will result in high-resolution images for the dentist and low radiation exposure to the patient.
Common uses for the Cone Beam CT Scan
The Cone Beam CT Scan is most commonly used for treatment planning of dental implants. Cone Beam CT Scan Imaging is also useful in these more complex areas:
- Surgical planning for dental implants
- Accurate and safe placement of dental implants
- Evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, and nasal cavity
- Determine patient’s bone structure and tooth orientation
- Cosmetic reconstructive surgery